Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Do Fantasy Sports Do More Bad Than Good?

One of my hobbies is playing virtual sports leagues. I've playing for a while now and have fantasy teams in baseball, basketball and football. I've also tried other basic, sports based games.

At the end of the day, this is good, harmless fun. You act as a team manager and buy and sell players and build your team, giving you areal sense of satisfaction when your team wins.

A word of warning though, this is very addictive. I'm constantly checking results and stats and seeing how the competition is doing. I find I'm doing this on a daily basis at least, and pressing refresh an awful lot!

I've even watched matches that I couldn't care less about just to see how it will affect my teams' placings. I will also follow games for the same reason. There are some that actually wonder if it is harmless considering how addicted some players get.

On the positive side, there is the competition and the things that I mentioned earlier. If you are a sports fan you will love a good battle, this keeps things interesting through a long season, no one can argue with that.

On the flip side, I do tend to get rather over involved and lose my temper when players put in bad performances and feel that they have let the rest of the team down. This often overshadows the actual result.

Another predicament that I have found myself in is being torn between watching my virtual teams or my real teams. This is a dilemma that has risen its head several times and the decision never gets any easier. The thing is it should be simple as I've followed these teams since childhood.

I'm not the only one who feels like this, trust me. These types of leagues are hotly debated by sports fans around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment